Circumix - Dense Slurry Mixer
Downstream of the mixer there are the
- long distance transport pump stations (generally with serially connected centrifugal pumps);
- long distance transport pipelines (with length up to 16 kms [10 miles]) which are routed cross-country to the
- ash fields.
Upstream of the mixer, there are
- a conventional dry fly ash collection system with
- dry fly ash storage silo and
- the bottom ash collection system (wet or dry which collects BA in a
- dry bottom ash silo or
- into a thickener or
- into a mini-BA basin.
- Bottom ash can be fed to the mixer in dry or in thickened slurry form with solid to water ratio of 1:3 – 1:5.
- Gypsum can be fed to the mixer in dry or in slurry form with solid to water ratio of preferably 1:1.